If you are not living in a cave,you must know the six-packed abs hunk called Cristiano Ronaldo.Pages after pages are used to define him,and yet,fans seemingly can’t get enough of the Portugal superstar.It’s even almost usual when a fan is explicitly knowledgeable about the fact that Ronaldo’s free kick has an average speed measured 130 km per hour.But one never grows weary of gathering interesting information that revolve around Cristiano. Ronaldo fan or not,you are assured to be intrigued by the striking facts.Here are 15 of them.Buckle up!
- As a young boy Ronaldo had some arguably less masculine nicknames:
“When he got home from school I’d tell him to do homework but he’d say he didn’t have any. I’d be making dinner and he would jump out of the window and run off until late. He used to cry when he passed and his friends didn’t score. People called him ‘cry-baby’ and ‘little bee’ because nobody could catch him,” Dolores Aveiro remarked.
- At 15, Cristiano was diagnosed with a condition called ‘racing heart’. He went through an operation that employed a laser to cauterize the region of his heart that caused the issue. The surgery enabled him to continue the training and his affair with football.
- His leap generates five times more power than that of a wild Cheetah leaping in full flight. This mind-boggling speed lets him reach a height of 44cm airborne, which is astonishingly more than what an average NBA player can do.
- His relationship with Sir Ferguson is legendary to say the least.”We’ve had some fantastic No. 7s, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, some wouldn’t want that jersey but his confidence was high even at 18. When he made his debut as substitute against Bolton he took the place by storm,” exclaimed Ferguson as he handed Ronaldo the No. 7 Shirt.
- Ronaldo does 3,000 abs per day.Enough said!
- Ronaldo’s body fat is at 10% enabling him to be a perfect sprinting machine.
- In 2008 Ronaldo established a record of goals scored at 42, which brought him the FIFA World of the Year honor.
- The Museu CR7 in Funchal,Portugal is a museum dedicated to Ronaldo and houses his rare photos, medals, trophies and items associated with him.
- In 2003 Manchester United signed Ronaldo and with the whooping fees of £12 million, no mean feat for a player that young.
- In June 2010, Ronaldo became the fourth footballer to be represented at Madame Tussauds in London.
- In December 2007 Cristiano’s autobiography, Moments, was published.
Name is CR 7!